why a part of D community do not want go to D2 ?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Nov 8 12:48:48 PST 2010

Andrei:

> A longer term perception problem is that some might
> think the _design_ of such features has unsolvable issues,

That's my fear (so it's problem, even if it's just a perceived imaginary problem). But I am not in a rush, so I am not going away.

> I know of no major design flaws,

Uhm... For example the whole implementation of nonnullables in D2 is already becoming a big design flaw. Library-based nonullables will be awful, quite worse than the Rebindable hack. I think most people will not use them. We'll see. Are they able to reduce bug count in the average D2 program?

Thank you for the long post of your current view of D world.

Bye,
bearophile