Apache "mod_d" needs C to instantiate D interpreter?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Nov 8 21:17:48 PST 2010

"Andrei Alexandrescu" <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote in message
news:ibaepi$vfh$1 at digitalmars.com...

> People at Facebook told me that the adoption of D inside the company might
> be helped if they could simply write <?d ... ?> to insert D code into a
> page. I'm not sure how difficult such a plugin would be to implement.

I'm very suprised by that. That's become considered very bad style by most
of the [professional] web dev world quite awhile ago, and for very good
reason. Rails-, django- and even ASP.NET-style "pass variables into an HTML
template" approaches have proven to be...well...frankly, much less shitty.