Apache "mod_d" needs C to instantiate D interpreter?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Nov 8 23:03:48 PST 2010

"spir" <denis.spir at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.201.1289284596.21107.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> On Tue, 9 Nov 2010 00:17:48 -0500
> "Nick Sabalausky" <a at a.a> wrote:
>
> > > People at Facebook told me that the adoption of D inside the company
> > > might
> > > be helped if they could simply write <?d ... ?> to insert D code into
> > > page. I'm not sure how difficult such a plugin would be to implement.
> >
> > I'm very suprised by that. That's become considered very bad style by
> > most
> > of the [professional] web dev world quite awhile ago, and for very good
> > reason. Rails-, django- and even ASP.NET-style "pass variables into an
> > HTML
> > template" approaches have proven to be...well...frankly, much less
> > shitty.
>
> For sure. See "Enforcing Strict Model-View Separation in Template Engines"
> http://www.cs.usfca.edu/~parrt/papers/mvc.templates.pdf

The funny thing is, ColdFusion actually came pretty close (at least in
general concept). It had mostly the right idea (DBMS for the model and HTML
templates for the view), but where it shot itself in the foot was giving
little-to-no control over the "Controller" part of MVC.