datetime review part 2 [Update 4]

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Nov 9 13:03:10 PST 2010

Latest: http://is.gd/gSwDv

After some discussion on the runtime list, it was decided that core.time and
std.datetime should share their Duration type, so I created time.d as a
prospective core.time and moved or copied datetime's Duration and any other
types or functions that it needed to time.d and made it so that datetime
publically imports time. So, if accepted, time would become core.time, and
datetime would become std.datetime.

Also, since invariants can now be marked pure, I marked some of the invariants
pure and increased the number of functions marked as pure. Unfortunately, due to
the fact that many Phobos functions still aren't pure (to!() and format() in
particular), as well as bug #5191, many functions that should be pure, aren't.
But we're closer. Also, bug #4867 continues to prevent SysTime from being able
to be immutable, and a couple of bugs regarding invariants and templates make it
so that a number of functions that should return ref this, can't.

In any case, essentially this update is to propose a core.time implementation
and have my proposed std.datetime use it.

- Jonathan M Davis