Apache "mod_d" needs C to instantiate D interpreter?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Nov 10 03:04:41 PST 2010

On 2010-11-10 01:25, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Eric Poggel"<dnewsgroup2 at yage3d.net>  wrote in message
> news:ibcn72$2u3r$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> On 11/9/2010 12:17 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>> "Andrei Alexandrescu"<SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org>   wrote in message
>>> news:ibaepi$vfh$1 at digitalmars.com...

>>> I'm very suprised by that. That's become considered very bad style by
>>> most
>>> of the [professional] web dev world quite awhile ago, and for very good
>>> reason. Rails-, django- and even ASP.NET-style "pass variables into an
>>> HTML
>>> template" approaches have proven to be...well...frankly, much less
>>> shitty.
>>>

>> I've always felt the opposite way.  It's been a while since I've worked
>> with Asp.net controls, but I remember something like this:
>>
>> <ul id="List"></ul>
>> // Later, in C#
>> for (int i=0; i<10; i++)
>>      List.innerHtml += "<li>" + sanitize(someArray[i]) +"</li>"
>>

> Ouch, yea, that is awful (but I've done worse - I once tried to build HTML
> buy manually adding nodes to an XML DOM...it seemed like a good idea until I
> actually started doing it). I've done very little with ASP.NET, and it's
> been awhile since I've even looked at it, but my understanding is that
> you're supposed to do it more like this:
>
> <!-- template for defining a List here -->
> <ul id="List"></ul>
>
> <!-- template for defining a ListElem here -->
> <li id="ListElem"></li>
>
> someListElem.innerHtml = sanitize(someArray[i])
>
> Or something vaguely like that anyway. Yea, it's definitely still not as
> good as rails/django/haxeIgniter/etc, though. A good HTML templating system
> like what those use won't lead you to HTML-string-concatenation. I just
> mentioned ASP.NET because I seemed to remember it being template-based in
> some way.

As far as I know you could create a framework using ASP.NET that is as
good as rails/django/haxeIgniter/etc. You could write almost the same
could as the PHP example below in ASP.NET, just replace <?php with <%
and <?= with <%=. Although it will look somewhat ugly at the end with <%
} %>

--
/Jacob Carlborg