why a part of D community do not want go to D2 ?

lurker #5 un at available.com
Wed Nov 10 09:53:16 PST 2010

As a long time lurker I witnessed the last, rather infamous event when this topic
was brought up.
The way I see it the situation has only deteriorated further since then.
There are still resources spent on managing the "political" situation, to avoid
license infringement, supporting two libraries, duplicating code because of
license issues, not to mention the time spent on just discussing the situation.
Since the developers of the "alternative" standard library obviously have ulterior
motives, the only solution is to cut them out of the D ecosystem. This can be
easily achieved if Walter stopped showing this compassionate attitude toward them,
and started to officially "not recommend" the use of that library, in any public
forum where the issue is brought up. After a year of this their high attitude
would probably sink to the level where is belongs.
This would not undo the damage they had already done, but at least it would
neutralize any threat they represent to D2.