why a part of D community do not want go to D2 ?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Nov 11 01:39:20 PST 2010

On 2010-11-10 18:16, Walter Bright wrote:
> Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> I don't want to increase any separation in the D community and would
>> hope peoeple could agree more. I have no problems what so ever
>> contributing both to Tango and Phobos/druntime. And I'm happy to
>> license any of my code to whatever license would be need for a give D
>> project.
>
> This is great news! Thank you!

No no no, thank YOU. You have been very generous in licensing your
software. Many of the files in druntime are Public Domain and the rest,
including all of Phobos, have the Boost license. You often grant
permission to distribute DMD when people ask. Lately gave the permission
to put online a repository of DMD including the backend for experimental
work with Objective-C. And the last thing you took the initiative and
continued the process of integrating GDC as an official part of GCC,
giving the copyright of (a fork of) the DMD frontend to FSF.

Thank You.

--
/Jacob Carlborg