duck!

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Thu Nov 11 06:30:56 PST 2010

> On 10/17/2010 01:09 PM, Jeff Nowakowski wrote:
>> On 10/16/2010 04:05 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>>
>>> It's a subset of duck typing. I don't think calling a function that
>>> supports a limited form of duck typing "duck" is a lie.
>>
>> I'm sure if it was on a Go slide you would.
>
> Probably not in as strong terms, but if you want to point out that I'm
> biased... what can I do? I'm a simple man.
>
> Andrei

When I first heard you say you were biased (in the Google Talk), I
thought you were being facetious, or just exaggerating.

I'm not so sure anymore, and I hope that is not the case. Because, as
I'm sure you must realize, being biased for D will only result in an
outcome of mild to severe annoyance and loss of credibility from:
* people biased for languages which are perceived to be competitors to D
(like Go).
* people who are (or strive to be) unbiased.

And given who you are (one of the designers of D), this outcome will
apply not just to yourself, but D as well, which obviously is not a good
thing.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer