why a part of D community do not want go to D2 ?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Nov 11 21:37:17 PST 2010

"thank you oldtimer" <nospam at _._> wrote in message
news:ibb7ma$2fs3$1 at digitalmars.com...
> oldtimer Wrote:
>> Some of us hoped D2 would solve the ugly corner cases of the language and
>> unify a lot of features. Unfortunately not any kind of macro system was
>> implemented, templates got even uglier, the alias this hack, snake oil
>> template!X syntax shortcut and all kinds of unnecessary features were
>> added. Of course also good features were added, but overall this just
>> isn't good enough.
>

> Sometimes feels like this guy dresses up as bearophile just to waste our
> time with stupid nonsense. In reality there's a single sick person
> opposing D2 and it's probably the lead developer of Tango who wasn't
> invited (it's just one freaking license change!). No wonder Tango for D2
> gets ever done, the guy is wasting time here posting this crap. Sad times.
> :-( Do us a favor, go and use that
> F#/Spec#/ATS/Clojure/Go/Scala/Haskell/C++/C#/Java/{whatever it is this
> time}. Never come back. It's time to cut off this bullshit now.

This bothers me. I don't think it's at all healthy for the D community to be
antaginizing Tango, especially with such speculative accusations.

> We're adults.

Then can we please act like it, even in response to posts that happen to be
critical of some aspects of D? It's not as if oldtimer's post was tossing
personal insults or anything, or criticizing anything that hasn't already
been criticized by upstanding members of the NG who just happened to
disagree with a particular design.