The D Scripting Language

Alexander Malakhov anm at programmer.net
Fri Nov 12 09:21:55 PST 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> писал(а) в своём
письме Thu, 11 Nov 2010 21:12:33 +0600:

> On 11/11/10 5:50 AM, Alexander Malakhov wrote:
>>
>> Maybe it would be better to just make rdmd to surround source code with:
>>
>> //----- rdmd generated text BEGIN
>> public import std.stdio, ...
>>
>> void main( string[] args ){
>> //----- rdmd generated text END
>>
>> // programmer's code
>> }
>>
>> in cases when rdmd detects there is no main()
>
> rdmd already does that with --eval and --loop.
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/rdmd.html
>
> Andrei

I was unable to pass file to --eval, is this possible ?

> rdmd --eval=script.d
(16): Error: undefined identifier script

also while I'm here. This works: > rdmd
--eval=writeln("");writeln("");writeln("");
and this don't:
> rdmd --eval=writeln("hello")
(16): Error: undefined identifier hello

btw, does --eval make "import std.all" or some set of modules ?
--
Alexander