One year of Go

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Fri Nov 12 10:41:45 PST 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-12 at 13:28 -0500, Sean Kelly wrote:
[ . . . ]
> What got me was "if you don't, there are situations that ... may give
> the wrong result."  I'm fine with eliminating semicolons, but why is
> this syntax allowed if it silently produces surprising results?  It
> seems like a trivial change to require the proper syntax, and not
> doing so makes me wonder if there are other such flaws as well.

I understand.  I can't say I view the the situation with total
happiness.  There are situations where the core Go development team
stick to what can only be seen as blind prejudice.  It has to be said
though that this is true of all language developments.

I wonder if we need to leave the bike shed?

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk