One year of Go

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Fri Nov 12 11:28:08 PST 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-12 at 10:52 -0800, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
[ . . . ]
> Is the example I just gave a bikeshed issue?

Hummm . . .   :-)

I think the real problem here is not the semicolon reinsertion, but it
is the demand that "if you don't obey the official language formatting
rules, then you are on your own, goodbye".

Whilst I like Go a lot, generics and semicolon reinsertion are two
obvious glitches that really need to be addressed rather than swept
under the carpet.

Of course this is the D list . . .

--
Russel.