Basic standard graphics

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri Nov 12 14:22:37 PST 2010

Adam D. Ruppe:

> A direct, line by line port of the C implementation works in D:

You may add it to that RosettaCode page, just adding a note that it's a C-like implementation.

> This is my big "meh" about Rosettacode - virtually everything C can do, D can do
> in an almost identical fashion, using the same libraries and everything.

That's not a fault of Rosettacode, it's more a "meh" of D language itself ;-)

D is multi-level language, you may use it as C, but you may also want to use it a higher levels not allowed (or just not idiomatic) in C. If you take a look at the RosettaCode site you may find tens of D implementations that I have translated from Python (or Haskell) instead, and they are sometimes quite different from the C ones.

Thank you for your D implementation of that task. But you seem to have missed about 80% of the purpose of my post :-) If you take a look at my post you may also see I have given a link to the PureBasic implementation (instead to the C version) this is not a random thing. I think D has to aim to something higher level than that C code (or your C-like D code). And I was talking about a standard basic graphics interface for Phobos.

Bye,
bearophile