Basic standard graphics

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri Nov 12 15:23:37 PST 2010

Adam D. Ruppe:

> I'd say the opposite: it means all your existing knowledge can be used straight up.

Of course :-) I have adapted tons of C code to D1 and I like this quality of D.

> (btw just because you get no responses doesn't mean your posts
> were ignored! Many of us read them but have very little to add
> or too little time to post, so we don't say anything.)

Thank you very much :-)

> Identical, right down to the individual functions! Every C call has a one-to-one
> mapping to PureBasic.

You are right.

> Here's an old post I made on another forum a couple years
> ago showing a trivial Pong game in D1:
>
> http://sveit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2051

It's cute, it reminds me the recent JavaScript code you may find around on the web that uses the canvas.

> With some of my new techniques developed in the years past that, I could cut its
> length almost in half, using main mixins and combining variables on one line.

Powerful techniques indeed :o)

Bye and thank you for your answers. I've seen you have just added your D implementation on the RosettaCode site, I may tweak it a bit, if you don't mind.

Bye,
bearophile