Passing dynamic arrays

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Nov 12 19:01:00 PST 2010

On Friday 12 November 2010 17:55:31 Rainer Deyke wrote:
> On 11/8/2010 17:43, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > D references are more like Java references.
>
> That's true for class references.  D also supports pass-by-reference
> through the 'ref' keyword, which works like C++ references.

True. But generally when talking about references, class references are what is
being referred to. Personally, I would say that in the case of a ref parameter,
the argument is being passed _by_ reference but not that it _is_ a reference. I
suppose that the whole issue could get pretty confusing though if we're not
clear on what we're referring to.

- Jonathan M Davis