The D Scripting Language -- std imports

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 02:07:33 PST 2010

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 23:21:55 +0600
"Alexander Malakhov" <anm at programmer.net> wrote:

> btw, does --eval make "import std.all" or some set of modules ?

Btw, I just had an idea about std imports -- not only for scripting, but for general use of D as well: What if D automagically imported a std set of modules, _provided_ none of them is explicitely imported?

Then, I guess, people could go on importing manually (eg to reduce size of executable) without any change. This also applies to all existing apps, doesn't it? A border case would be an app that actually imports nothing -- but is it at all possible to do anything?

An interesting debate would be to define this std set ;-) Could it (easily) be made configurable?

Denis
vit esse estrany ☣

spir.wikidot.com