forbid field name conflict in class hierarchy

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Nov 14 14:32:03 PST 2010

spir:

> What are use cases for this? (And wouldn't it be better practice to change name even in supposed sensible cases?)

I don't know. C# shows a warning if an attribute is masked by another one. Then I think they have added that "new" syntax as a clean way to silence that warning. (I am not expert enough about C# to know the logic behind most of it design decisions. Such explanations are often not present even inside books about a programming language. TDPL has some of such explanations).

Bye,
bearophile