std.regexp vs std.regex [Re: RegExp.find() now crippled]

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Tue Nov 16 11:24:32 PST 2010

Steven Schveighoffer Wrote:

> I'm guessing you are referring to php's pcre vs posix regex?  I think
> posix is marked as deprecated...

Steve,

No. I just meant that the library that comes with PHP seems happy to provide different ways of doing the same thing, as in for example, CURL, DOMDocument, and standard file operation wrappers.

I've been following D on and off for about seven or eight years now, so I don't subscribe too much to the 'when it's finished' argument. By now, it needs to work for real projects.

But I've had my gripe - I'll shut up for now.

Steve