"In praise of Go" discussion on ycombinator

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 16 21:58:28 PST 2010

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 00:24:50 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu

>> On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 00:10:54 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu
>> <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:
>>
>>> http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=1912728
>>>
>>> Andrei
>>
>> "I like go because every single feature go has is the best ever!"
>>
>> yawn...
>>
>> -Steve
>
> I'm curious what the response to my example will be. So far I got one
> that doesn't even address it.

It's possible that you left your point as an exercise for the reader, so
it may be lost.

But it's not important.  It's unlikely that you will convince goers that
the language deficiencies are not worth the advantages.  Only time will
tell how popular/useful it will be.  That one point you made would be a
deal-killer for me (not that I'm close to using Go or anything, but no
need to invest any more time on it after that).

(cue retard's comment about D zealots not having any open mindedness)

-Steve