Debugging with gdb on Posix but setAssertHandler is deprecated

Jens Mueller jens.k.mueller at gmx.de
Wed Nov 17 05:18:44 PST 2010

Hi,

I've written a small module for debugging on Posix systems.
It uses raise(SIGTRAP) and a custom errorHandlerType with
setAssertHandler. But setAssertHandler is deprecated.
Why is it deprecated? How should I do it instead?

I want to do it generally for Error and Exception. Don't know how yet.
How do you debug your programs? I've read that gdb has catch throw for
C++ to break when exceptions are thrown. I don't like changing gdb for
this.
My idea is that instead of throwing an Error/Exception I print it and
then raise SIGTRAP.

Jens