D1 -> D2

Fawzi Mohamed fawzi at gmx.ch
Thu Nov 18 02:51:32 PST 2010

Is there any "porting" guide around in a wiki?
If not a page where to share the best tricks would be nice "D1->D2
conversion tricks"?

In the short term I don't think that going D2 only is really an option
for me, so how feasible it is to keep the code base compatible to both
D1 and D2?

I know that one can define some templates (for example Const(T),....),
and maybe use mixins, but how much uglier does the code become as
result?
I choose D to have cleaner code, I am not interested in loosing all
that just to be D1 and D2, then I prefer to wait, and convert
everything at once.

Well that is about it...

thanks

Fawzi