datetime review part 2 [Update 4]

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Nov 18 13:19:27 PST 2010

On Thursday 18 November 2010 03:35:49 Kagamin wrote:
> Jonathan M Davis Wrote:
> > If you have a better way to do it, I'm all ears. However, it's the only
> > way that I know of to get high-precision time on Windows.
>
> Use GetSystemTime. At least, it will be correct.

Actually, looking at TickDuration, for the stopwatch stuff, it really should be
dealing with monotonic time. So, it should probably use the monotonic clock on
Linux rather than the real time clock, and currTime() should use a different set
of code that uses the real time clock on Linux and whatever the best solution is
on Windows. I'll play around with GetFileSystemTime() to see whether it actually
works like it's supposed to, or if it still has the problems mentioned in the
article that you linked to.

- Jonathan M Davis