DMD Automatic Dependency Linking

Travis Boucher boucher.travis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 10:05:47 PST 2010

On 10-11-16 12:04 PM, Matthias Pleh wrote:
> Am 16.11.2010 18:38, schrieb Travis:
>

>> The one thing I have been wondering however is why doesn't DMD have a
>> flag for
>> easy project building which compiles dependencies in a single command.
>>
> [...]
>>
>> Thanks,
>> tbone
>

> Have you tried 'rdmd' ?

Son of a bitch, I didn't realize rdmd did the dependencies as well.

Previously I have only used rdmd for D 'scripts' and unittesting.

I have done some testing with it using derelict (with some modifications
to work with D2) and gtkd and it works perfectly (slow for gtkd, but
gtkd is kinda slow to compile anyway).

I'll start using rdmd and suggest it to others.

Thanks!