Looking for champion - std.lang.d.lex

Andrew Wiley debio264 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 14:26:33 PST 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 4:20 PM, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com>wrote:

> Bruno Medeiros:
>
> > Java is quickly becoming a legacy language? the next COBOL? SRSLY?...
> > Just two years ago, the now hugely popular Android platform choose Java
> > as it's language of choice, and you think Java is becoming legacy?...
>
> Java on Adroid is not going well, there is a Oracle->Google lawsuit in
> progress. Google is interested in using a variant of NaCL on Android too.

I have to agree with Bruno here, Java isn't going anywhere soon. It has an
active community, corporations that very actively support it, and an open
source effort that's probably the largest of any language (check out the
Apache Foundation project lists). Toss in Clojure, Scala, Groovy, and their
friends that can build on top of Java libraries, and you wind up with a
package that isn't becoming obsolete any time soon.