Looking for champion - std.lang.d.lex

Todd VanderVeen TDVanderVeen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 15:45:55 PST 2010

== Quote from Bruno Medeiros (brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail)'s article
> I think much sooner we will
> have a full D compiler written in D than a (competitive) D IDE written
> in D.

I agree. I do like the suggestion for developing the D grammar in Antlr though and
it is something I would be interested in working on. With this in hand, the
prospect of adding D support as was done for C++ to Eclipse or Netbeans becomes
much more feasible. Has a complete grammar been defined/compiled or is anyone
currently working in this direction? Having a robust IDE seems far more important
than whether it is written in D itself.