Random numbers in strongly pure functions

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Nov 22 10:59:08 PST 2010

On Monday, November 22, 2010 04:36:46 bearophile wrote:
> Hopefully I am not the only person that is using the "pure" attribute :-)

I try, but Phobos needs to be thoroughly "purified" before it's really going to
work. And at the moment, unless you go out of your way and declare multiple
versions of template functions which are pure or impure based on their template
arguments, many functions which _should_ be pure _can't_ be. So, much as I try
to use purity, even with the new weak purity rules, it's still pretty hard to
use it much. The situtation should improve, but it wouldn't surprise me if a lot
of people pretty much ignored pure at the moment due to problems using it.

- Jonathan M Davis