Random numbers in strongly pure functions

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Nov 22 16:07:35 PST 2010

On Monday, November 22, 2010 15:29:20 Walter Bright wrote:
> Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > The situtation should improve, but it wouldn't surprise me if a lot
> > of people pretty much ignored pure at the moment due to problems using
> > it.
>
> I know how to solve the problem, but it's not the top priority at the
> moment.

Well, unfortunately, there's plenty of that to go around. Progress is being made
though, so that's good. And as far as pure goes, adding weak purity definitely
was a big step forward in useability, so while pure definitely has big issues,
it's closer to being properly useable. Regardless, I'm definitely looking forward
to the 64-bit port. It'll be nice to not need a chrooted environment to get dmd
to work properly or Arch Linux (OpenSuSE manages to make it work just fine
without a chrooted environemnt, but the Arch guys seem to hate proper multi-lib
for some reason...). Your work is definitely appreciated, even if there's plenty
more of it which would be nice to have done but isn't yet.

- Jonathan M Davis