when is a GDC/D2/Phobos bug a GDC bug?

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 23 13:46:10 PST 2010

== Quote from Graham Fawcett (fawcett at uwindsor.ca)'s article
> Hi folks,
> I've played with the new GDC version today. Overall it seems solid, but
> I've encountered some issues that are probably Phobos-related. Since
> this is my first 64-bit D compiler, I wonder whether some parts of
> Phobos might not yet be 64-bit ready.

FWIW, SVN Phobos passes 64-bit semantic analysis even with unittests
instantitating templates on DMD.  DMD is mostly 64-bit capable, but a lot of
nitty-gritty issues remain before it can be used for anything more than semantic
analysis.  Phobos 2.050 hadn't been fully fixed for 64 support.  Iaian has
apparently been patching it to get it to compile, but a more thorough job was done
on the main SVN trunk recently.