GCC 4.6

Emil Madsen sovende at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 13:39:02 PST 2010

On 24 November 2010 21:40, Bruno Medeiros <brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail>wrote:

> On 31/10/2010 02:47, bearophile wrote:
>
>> Walter:
>>
>>  You post lists of features every day.
>>>

>> I hate wasting your time, so please ignore my posts you aren't interested
>> in. I write those things because I like to think and discuss about new ways
>> to explain semantics to computers. Most of those things are for discussion,
>> not for inclusion in D2 (few of them may be included in D3, in the future).
>>

> And how does Walter (or anyone else for that matter), determine if they are
> interested in your posts or not (or anyone else's for that matter) without
> reading them first?
> This is often the case for me regarding posts and threads that discuss
> changes or additions to language features. In these kinds of threads the
> title alone is very little indication of the quality or interest of the
> thread.
>

> --
> Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer

I must say; I think bearophile usually brings up some good issues, and
things to discuss, and I do like reading his posts. - About not being
interrested in reading his posts, really if you dont wanna read posts, why
some community with low activity instead >.<'.

And yea, bearophile brings up a lot of nice features, and Walter would never
have a chance to implement all of them himself, which might be good, if
everything bearophile suggests got into the language, we would have this
major language noone would ever be able to learn, nor use. However, if we
succeed in implementing the best ideas I do think we'll end up with a superb
output, however I do think we need to discuss a lot of issues and features,
and thats why I love bearophiles postings, simply because it gives the
community a lot to discuss.

Just my opinion. - But I do think discussing a lot of features, even the
ones not really related, will help out the language in the end.

--
// Yours sincerely
// Emil 'Skeen' Madsen