Passing dynamic arrays

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 14:12:26 PST 2010

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 21:59:37 +0000
Bruno Medeiros <brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail> wrote:

> You could still do exponential capacity growth by manipulating the
> length property, but yeah, that would create a host of complexity and
> other issues (see my reply to Pelle). Yeah, my reasoning was really
> broken. :'(

What is the reason why D does not internally manages exp growth with a (private) capacity field? It's very common, and I thought the reason was precisely efficiency as it does not require reallocating so often, esp in cases such as feeding an array in a loop like in Andrei's example.)

Denis
vit esse estrany ☣

spir.wikidot.com