C#'s greatest mistakes

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 14:16:13 PST 2010

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 22:45:28 +0100
BLS <windevguy at hotmail.de> wrote:

> [...]
> Enable compiler plug-in's so that you can write ..
>
> void ExecSQLQuery()
>    DataTable dt = new DataTable();
>
>    SQL92{ /*like asm {} */
>      dt = SELECT * FROM Customer WHERE IsPotentialClient = 1;
>    }
>
> }
> //The D lexer/parser unit calls the D2 SQL92 Translator on finding
> SQL92{ which emits this D code.
>
>    import SQL92
>    dt = db.ExecuteQuery("SELECT * FROM Customer WHERE PotentialClient = 1");
>
> I am not talking about embedded SQL, instead I am thinking about a smart
> way to embed 4GLs (LISP/PROLOG/ERLANG) into D. and as shown within the
> example. using the D scope.

Maybe the example does not show what you actually mean, but I do not see any advantage. Version plain D is close to perfect, obvious, direct; version embedded DSL just adds noise (and work for implementing the feature, and work for a precompiler or whatever...).

Denis
vit esse estrany ☣

spir.wikidot.com