D's greatest mistakes

Gary Whatmore no at spam.sp
Sun Nov 28 20:41:43 PST 2010

Jack Wrote:

> The post "C#'s greatest mistakes" prompts/begs this post. Have at it,
> pick up the ball and run with it, don't be shy. I expect Walter and
> Andrei to answer (if Walter and Andrei so dare!) after others' posts have
> stopped or stagnated into that cesspool of threaded discussion that is
> "the subthread" or "tangential thread" (which surely needs a rock
> anthem).

D's biggest mistake is, it doesn't suck almost at all unlike all other languages. This property attracts all kinds of trolls and haters here to complain and ridicule important discussions. The problem was solved when the internal mailing list outside digitalmars.D was created for the true core developers. And the Boost license brought all famous commercial users. If something could be done better, D should have looked like D2 in the first place.