D's greatest mistakes

Denis Koroskin 2korden at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 21:17:23 PST 2010

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 07:19:44 +0300, Jack <jt at overlook.biz> wrote:

> The post "C#'s greatest mistakes" prompts/begs this post. Have at it,
> pick up the ball and run with it, don't be shy. I expect Walter and
> Andrei to answer (if Walter and Andrei so dare!) after others' posts have
> stopped or stagnated into that cesspool of threaded discussion that is
> "the subthread" or "tangential thread" (which surely needs a rock
> anthem).

I'd go with omissible parens. There are SO many bugs and stuff that can't
be worked around due to this.
The second closest is a misdesigned and buggy __traits. It is so useful
that you use it so often, yet it's so inconsistent and buggy that I end up
hitting my head against wall almost every time I use it.

In general, D has a lot of inconsistencies. *A LOT*. I'm not sure it's D's
greatest mistake (well, because you can't call an entire language a
mistake), but that's something that needs to be worked on.