D's greatest mistakes

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 03:48:49 PST 2010

The licensing issues with DMD. I get the feeling we would have many
more contributors to the reference compiler and have bugs fixed at a
much faster rate than right now. Walter is already working at 110% of
his abilities, at least that's the impression I get. I think maybe D2
has grown beyond anyone's expectations, so now the compiler team
(Walter & Don I guess?) has to chase down all the features that D2 is
supossed to have and implement them.

I don't think its feasible for such a small team to fix that many bugs
for a huge language like D2, at least not in a short-term timeline.
And Bugzilla seems to grow day by day with no end in sight.