why Rust when there is D?

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 13:12:04 PST 2010

On 11/30/10, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> sybrandy wrote:
>> Another feature that may be important to them is the ability to manually
>> arrange the data/program (don't recall which exactly) in memory.  I know
>> one of the things they were experimenting with to speed up the browser
>> was changing how the loader loaded the various libraries.  Perhaps this
>> is taking it a step further to ensure their products load as fast as
>> possible.
>
> You can control the layout of your program in D on Windows with Optlink. It
> can
> make a big difference in load speed.

Hey that's good to know. Can you give us some tips or a pointer on
optimizing the app layout, or maybe some optlink tricks? Perhaps I
should read a book on that. :p

I do think D is still pretty damn fast in loading already. At least
from my limited experience with writing a basic GUI app using DFL..