Redundancies often reveal bugs

Justin Johansson no at spam.com
Fri Oct 1 08:52:01 PDT 2010

On 1/10/2010 11:12 AM, bearophile wrote:
> Here (pdf alert) I have found a very simple but interesting paper that has confirmed an hypothesis of mine.

So far most respondents have gone completely off-subject here.

In hardware systems redundancy is critical for safety.  In software
systems redundancy is bad because, as you and the paper suggest,
redundancy makes for bugs.  The principle for software is both
normalization, DRY (do not repeat yourself) and ZIP (zero intolerance
for plagiarism).

As always, I enjoy your interesting posts.

Regards
Justin Johansson