SSE in D

Trass3r un at known.com
Sat Oct 2 14:54:21 PDT 2010

Am 02.10.2010, 15:23 Uhr, schrieb Emil Madsen <sovende at gmail.com>:

> Is there a D equivalent of the "xmmintrin.h", or any other convenient
> way of
> doing SSE in D?
> - I've been looking into the Array Operators, but will those work, for
> instance if I'm doing something alike:
> a[3], b[4]
> c[4] = a+b;
> and when will the compiler write SSE asm for the array operators? - is
> there
> a target=architecture for the compiler? or will it simply write SSE if
> one
> defines something alike -msse4? - I'm having a bit of trouble finding
> stuff
> about SSE for D, sources on the subject anyone?

SSE is supported in inline assembly.
dmd's backend doesn't automatically vectorize code.
gdc and ldc are theoretically able to it (cause of the backends they use)
but I don't know to what extent they really do in practice.

Array operations leverage prewritten optimized SSE code if possible.
See Array operations section of
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/arrays.html