Module-level accessibility

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 03:37:13 PDT 2010

2010/10/4 Sergey <smsmfk at gmail.com>:
> bearophile, thanks you very much for your answer. I've heard that D has a
> very vibrant community; now I know it really :)
>
> By now, from what I know about D I can draw a conclusion that it's a greatly
> promising language with many innovations and I would say even fantastic
> features and tools (e.g., contract-based programming). But such serious bugs
> that are not fixed yet can disgust any programmer, I think. All the more
> beginning programmers, like me. Probably D2 implementation is not grown-up
> enough yet to be used in projects of a real importance...

Do you really consider this bug (i.e. being able to access private
members of another module) so serious or "disgusting" that it makes D
unusable (or unenjoyable)?
What's the big deal, just don't access private members (it's not like
you have to) and your code will still work when the bug is fixed.

Cheers,
- Daniel