Module-level accessibility

Sergey smsmfk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 04:24:32 PDT 2010

Hi Daniel,

I didn't by no means want to say that D is unusable or unenjoyable because
of this still-persisting defect. I would say, D2 is too young to be good
rather than bad. Just.. I considered D to be more mature than it currently
is. Well, at any rate we need to wait some time.

You say:
"What's the big deal, just don't access private members (it's not like you
have to) and your code will still work when the bug is fixed.". Ok, it's
clear. But thinking in this way it's also fine to make all private class
members public (in C++ for example) and just not to call them from outside
the class. Nothing will be broken.

Nevertheless, thank you for your reply. I'm glad that my interest about
this issue is now satisfied.