We need to kill C syntax for declaring function types

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 22:03:07 PDT 2010

bearophile Wrote:

> Jesse Phillips:
>
> > Is any tested done against deprecated features?
>
> Keep in mind that so far the main purpose of the -d in DMD2 was (I think) to enable Phobos code marked with "deprecated".
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Yes, and I think that if the code still exists and can be compiled then it should still be tested. I would agree that adding tests, or fixing bugs, isn't really a good idea, but it would be a good idea to keep existing tests and test with the -d option (that is new functionality isn't broken with -d enabled either).