Is D right for me?

Gour D. gour at atmarama.net
Tue Oct 5 06:52:29 PDT 2010

On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 15:39:30 +0200
>>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Gibson <metalcaedes at gmail.com> wrote:

Daniel> try http://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/wiki/Home :-)

Ahh, this looks much better. Thanks. ;)

Daniel> I don't think it's as serious, because afaik Walter is not the
Daniel> only one developing the dmd compiler (and thus familiar with
Daniel> it) and, more importantly, there are alternative D compilers
Daniel> (gdc and ldc, with at least gdc being actively developed).

So, both gdc & ldc are open-source?

What about standard libs?

Daniel> So even if Walter, for whatever reason, stops developing D,
Daniel> there is - IMHO - a good chance that others will continue his
Daniel> efforts and keep D alive.

This is not so disheartening. :-)

btw, I've asked similar/same question on SO
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3863111/haskell-or-d-for-gui-desktop-application

 if you want to contribute (I'm not much advised for D, so far). ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: CDBF17CA