Is there anybody working on a linear algebra library for D2?

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 08:01:03 PDT 2010

== Quote from jcc7 (jccalvarese at gmail.com)'s article
> == Quote from Michael Chen (sth4nth at gmail.com)'s article
> > I remember that one of D's goal is easy scientific computation.
> > However I haven't seen any linear algebra package for D2. My work
> > heavily relays on all kinds of matrix stuff (matrix multiplication,
> > factorization, linear system etc). I like D and am willing to work
> > with D. However without these facilities I can hardly start. I'd like
> > to have a matrix library of which the API is kind of like Matlab.
> > Is there anybody working on this or planning to work on this?
> > Regards,
> > Michael
> You might be able to find something useful for you in this list on this page:
> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?ScientificLibraries
> (You might not be able to find a D 2.x project for what you need, but it might
not be much effort to
> make a minimal port from a D 1.x project.)
> Good luck.
> jcc7

Lars Kyllingstad's SciD library (http://dsource.org/projects/scid) is a good work
in progress.  Unfortunately it depends heavily on Blas and Lapack.  I haven't
figured out how to set these up on Windows yet.  However, it's definitely off the
ground and looks pretty usable for those wizards sufficiently skilled in the art
of fiddling with linker settings to get crufty old C and Fortran libraries to link
with D code.

IMHO there should eventually be pure D versions of this functionality.  I tried to
get started writing it, but got sidetracked by about a million other things.