Is D right for me?

Gour D. gour at atmarama.net
Tue Oct 5 11:52:27 PDT 2010

On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 11:29:03 -0500

Andrei> If developer attraction is a concern, you're likely better off
Andrei> with D. Programmers who have used at least one Algol-like
Andrei> language (C, C++, Java, C#) will have no problem feeling
Andrei> comfortable in D. With Haskell you'd need to stick with "the
Andrei> choir".

Yeah, I'm aware of it...

btw, let me personally congatulate for a great talk at Google!

Andrei> I agree that's a bummer. I suggest you write the developers and
Andrei> ask what would revive their interest. The perspective of a
Andrei> solid client is bound to be noticeable.

You think that D beginner with a open-source project is "solid client"?

Otoh, there is nothing to lose...

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: CDBF17CA