What would you rewrite in D?

sybrandy sybrandy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 15:27:09 PDT 2010

Just asking out of curiosity.  With all the great language features, I'm
sure that many of you have thought about this.

For me, I figured a good start would be your basic Unix/Linux/BSD
utilities, like cat and grep.  I figure it may make the code easier to
read and maintain as well as potentially improve the quality of the
software.  Of course, most of these are so old they're probably quite
bug free, but some probably could use a rewrite.  Some may even benefit
for threading.

Anyone else?

Casey