ddmd: Enhanced buildscript to simplify compiling for new users

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Oct 6 03:56:29 PDT 2010

"Denis Koroskin" <2korden at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:op.vj5az7fjo7cclz at korden-pc...
> On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 11:54:47 +0400, dolive <dolive89 at sina.com> wrote:
>
>> thank you very much !
>>
>> to make an all out effort !
>>

> Sometimes I wish that guy were writing in Chinese...
>
> It is as simple and running setupenv && build from a command line for me
> (well, after some initial setup that involves downloading software,
> patching dmd etc). Did you have any specific issues?
> I agree it could have some improvement though.
>
> Please, submit your requests to the ticket tracker next time:
> http://dsource.org/projects/ddmd/newticket
>
> Thanks.

I think he's just saying he appreciates the new buildscript I committed the
other day that automates all of the initial setup:

http://hg.dsource.org/projects/ddmd/
http://hg.dsource.org/projects/ddmd/rev/b080e62b16b4
http://www.dsource.org/projects/ddmd/wiki/BuildInstructions/Windows

dolive: You're welcome :)  Does it work well for you? Are you on Windows or
Linux? It definitely should work on Windows. I tried my best to make it work
on Linux, but I couldn't get DDMD to compile on my Linux machine at all (not
even with the old instructions), so I don't know if the new buildscript
works on Linux.