is D too modern for Emacs?

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Wed Oct 6 10:38:12 PDT 2010

On 10/6/10 12:30 CDT, Gour D. wrote:
> Hello!
>
> After exploring preliminary stuff in regard to the feasibility to
> adopt D as our next project's programming language, it's time to check
> about tools/editors support...
>
> So, I'm a little bit surprise what is the reason the newest entry on
>
> http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?EditorSupport/EmacsEditor
>
> page says: Updated Mar 2, 2007 by Bill Baxter
>
> Is it really that D is too modern for Emacs?
>

> Sincerely,
> Gour

I'm using d-mode.el everyday and it's of good quality. 2007 is the
creation date, it was last updated one year later (see
http://www.billbaxter.com/etc/d-mode.el). Bill and I have modified it a
couple of times and I think I messed with mine a bit without committing
(I think I added a keyword or so). You should be in good shape with it.

Andrei