What would you rewrite in D?

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 14:47:58 PDT 2010

Nick Sabalausky schrieb:
> "Robert Clipsham" <robert at octarineparrot.com> wrote in message
> news:i8ipl4$1tvc$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>>>
>>> because ... ?
>
> I have a severe distate for non-native-GUI apps. (And even moreso when the
> result is a UI that's all big-n-chunky.)

Ok, for me GTK is native because I use Linux and a GTK based desktop.
I know that there's a native GTK port for OSX/Quartz and I thought GTK
had themes to look native on Windows?

If that isn't the case I do understand your objection.. I hate non
native GUIs as well (java swing is particularly bad).

>> If you'd used GTK you'd know ;D
>>

> Heh, actually, I haven't used GTK. At least not from the programmer side
> (just the end-user side).

I have to admit that I don't have much experience with GUI programming
(in general and GTK in particular) either.