What would you rewrite in D?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Oct 6 15:03:31 PDT 2010

"Daniel Gibson" <metalcaedes at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:i8iqr3$22s6$5 at digitalmars.com...
> Nick Sabalausky schrieb:
>> "Robert Clipsham" <robert at octarineparrot.com> wrote in message
>> news:i8ipl4$1tvc$1 at digitalmars.com...

>> I have a severe distate for non-native-GUI apps. (And even moreso when
>> the result is a UI that's all big-n-chunky.)
>>

> Ok, for me GTK is native because I use Linux and a GTK based desktop.
> I know that there's a native GTK port for OSX/Quartz and I thought GTK had
> themes to look native on Windows?

It does make a vague attempt to look native on Windows, and is FAR better in
that regard than, say, Swing, Winamp, Iron/Chrome, or pretty much anything
from Apple. But there's still rather noticable differences in both look (the
chunkiness I mentioned, just as one example) and in feel (particulary if
you're using GIMP). It's kinda like gluing a picture of some wings overtop
the logo on a Ferrari and saying "See, it's an Aston Martin!"