What would you rewrite in D?

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 6 21:29:41 PDT 2010

On 10/6/2010 7:56 PM, Jimmy Cao wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 9:53 PM, Seth Hoenig <seth.a.hoenig at gmail.com
> <mailto:seth.a.hoenig at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>      Open SSL
>     http://www.peereboom.us/assl/assl/html/openssl.html
>
> Yes!  When I was trying to get D to work with HTTPS, it took me a long time to
> figure out how to do it.
> I ended up using GnuTLS, somehow, with someone's help.

If you're tempted to replace or rewrite battle hardened crypto code, you're not
paranoid enough.  As much as I've hated every little bit of my work with
openssl, I'm not nearly crazy enough (and I'm fairly crazy sometimes) to believe
it's worth the pain to start over.  I'd LOVE to do it, but no way would it be
worth it.

And thanks.. now I'm gonna have another nightmare filled night.  OpenSSL.. shudder.

Later,
Brad