Is D right for me?

Justin Johansson no at spam.com
Thu Oct 7 06:24:52 PDT 2010

> On 10/6/10 7:24 CDT, Simen kjaeraas wrote:
>> Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Well that's the problem, fixing those bugs and you will encounter new
>>> bugs.
>>
>> So we should all just give up, then?
>>
>> Yes, there are bugs, and yes, fixing them will reveal new ones. But the
>> only reasonable thing to do is to try and fix those bugs that cause the
>> most headaches, and continue doing so.
>
> I agree that that looked like an unwinnable battle while D was also
> evolving rapidly. Now that the language is stabilizing I expect the rate
> and the absolute number of bugs will decrease.
>
> Andrei

I think that long are the days that a single individual (or corporation)
can "own" a language.  It will be an unwinnable battle so long as the
governance of D is under the auspices of a single mortal.

There is too much risk for investors of time let alone pecuniary
investors under the current regime.

Justin